For my first post of 2020 I thought I would do a recap of our last year. So The Highs and Lows of 2019 tag is the perfect chance of me to do that. Here we go..
1.What was your happiest event?
This had to be our trip to The Polar Express. Seeing Baby bears face light up was the best thing I’ve seen. If you saw my post, you will know this is our first year doing anything like this with him for Christmas. This was defiantly my happiest event.
2.What was the saddest thing to happen?
If you follow my blog you will know we have been struggling with Secondary Infertility for 3 years now leading to us gaining our 4 sweet angel babies. Our 2 losses were for sure the saddest things to happen to me but our Ectopic Pregnancy and Tubal Removal Surgery is defiantly the saddest of both our losses.
3.What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did?
I haven’t shared this news here on my blog or on any of my social media but I finally passed my Driving Theory Test. I had booked it multiple times last year but having to cancel it each time due to either Baby bear being ill or medical reasons but 3rd time was the charm and I was finally able to attend my test. Which if I do say so myself I smashed it out the park passing just 2 marks off full marks and only being in the test for 23 minutes (I don’t want to come across like I’m bragging I’m just very proud of myself).
4.Who let you down?
I can’t believe I’m writing this but 2 friends who I thought were really good friends of ours, who I never thought would let me down did. When we were going through the worst time of our life these people just weren’t there for us or even very understanding of why we were being quiet. We even asked for help we don’t do very often and we were left alone. I’m not going to lie this really hurt not only me but also Daddy bear.
5.Who supported you?
We have such an amazing support network around us with our family and close circle of friends. However, our amazing friend V has been amazing the whole of 2019, starting with her dropping everything to watch Baby bear after only being friends for a few months. To always just being there for us whenever we need her. So thank you so much V we love you.
6.Tell us what you learned.
My biggest lesson in 2019 is that I need to take time out for me and to be a little selfish sometimes. My life revolves so much around being a mumma, housewife, and fiance that it is easy to lose yourself. I now take 2 hours each week to attend a Zumba class and its amazing to just be T for that short time each week.
7.Tell us what made you laugh.
Baby bear makes me laugh every day with either something he says or does. I’ve also lost track of things Daddy bear has done to make me laugh. Needless to say without anyone else Daddy bear and Baby bear had me in stitches every day.
8.Tell us the things that made you cry.
Even though I have laughed every day I have also cried so many days. For so many reasons from getting the worse news that we are losing our babies, griefing, an unexpected birth in the family, feeling like I’m just not enough.
9.Tell us 3 things your child/children did to make you proud (please miss this question out if your not a parent).
- I’m so proud of how well Baby bear settled into Nursery. He has taken it all in his stride.
- How caring and loving he had been when it comes to our losses. He is always loving and caring but even with him not completely understanding everything he has been amazing.
- He also makes me so proud of how independent he has become and continues to be.
10.Tell us the things that made you proud of yourself.
It’s not very often I make myself proud but there have been 3 times I’ve actually felt really proud of myself in 2019. First was passing my Driving Theory test. I really didn’t believe I was good enough to pass it so when I passed it as well as I did, I was proud of me. Second, was going to meet a baby who was born into our family very unexpected and unwantedly. This was a huge thing for me, I struggle with meeting new babies at the best of times but this child is an immediate family member and her arrival was unexpected. And, lastly was getting myself a part-time job in our local Fish and Chip shop in our village. I had been looking for a job for a few months mainly just to help me get out of the house while Baby bear is at nursery and to help take my mind off our TTC journey a little (if that’s even possible).
11.Tell us the challenges you overcome.
I think my biggest challenge of 2019 was finding something that gave me a little bit of myself back. I found this is my weekly Zumba class and now my job. I lost myself over the last few years with buying our own home, going through our TTC Journey, and just being a mumma really so I really struggled to find myself again.
12.Tell us the things you would like to change about your life in 2020.
Other than the obvious change of wanting to finally welcome a healthy baby into our family or at least carry a healthy pregnancy that progresses. I also want to finally learn to drive and get on the road. I also want to hopefully get back into fulltime work once Baby bear starts full-time school September.
I’m now tagging:
Emma from EmmaReed
Tami from Mummy of 2 + 1
Lisa from LisasNoteBook
Rules for the Highs and Lows of 2019 tag.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. Also, thank Kate over at Kate On Thin Ice for creating this tag.
- Answer all the questions.
- Tag other bloggers to take part & let them know on social media as well as tagging Kate so she can read all our lovely posts.
- Post a copy of the questions at the bottom of your post so others completing the tag can easily copy and paste them.
- What was your happiest event?
- What was the saddest thing to happen?
- What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did?
- Who let you down?
- Who supported you?
- Tell us what you learned.
- Tell us what made you laugh.
- Tell us the things that made you cry.
- Tell us 3 things your child/children did to make you proud (please miss this question out if your not a parent).
- Tell us the things that made you proud of yourself.
- Tell us the challenges you overcome.
- Tell us the things you would like to change about your life in 2020.